Current Job Postings at FriesenPress
FriesenPress is made up of a dynamic group of people. We're writers, editors, philosophers, photographers, filmmakers, dancers, musicians, artists, athletes, actors and entrepreneurs. What do we all have in common? We love stories!
FriesenPress is a division of Friesens Corporation, an award-winning North American leader in the book printing industry. In business since 1907, Friesens provides book-manufacturing services in the United States and Canada, with 25 million books printed every year, including original editions of the popular Harry Potter series and the classic Oxford Dictionary. Recognized over the years with numerous prestigious international awards, including Canada's Top 50 Best Managed Companies, for book quality and management leadership.
As a Canadian Self-Publisher, FriesenPress helps authors realize their dream of publishing their book. Our suite of products include various publishing packages containing a wide range of services including editing, book layout and design, channel distribution and marketing expertise. We pride ourselves in making “A Better Book”. Our shared culture, values and beliefs have been the foundation of our approach to customers, employees and the community at large.
At FriesenPress, we are constantly looking for individuals who constantly raise their personal bar and thrive when achieving outstanding results. We want to hire people who are eager to learn, but also people we can learn from - people who can increase the overall effectiveness of the organization. If you feel that your personal and professional values align with ours, we invite you to join the FriesenPress family!
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking for a Publishing Specialist for our Downtown Victoria office. We
offer an attractive package of benefits, including:
- Hourly wage: $14.14 + commission
- Profit Sharing
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Group RRSP with matching contributions.
Are you passionate about the publishing industry and looking to apply your exceptional customer service and organization skills in an awesome, supportive team environment?
As a Publishing Services company, FriesenPress is looking for a creative individual who has a passion for books, project management, and working alongside an eclectic group of people to help bring our clients' projects (books!) to fruition.
In this position, you will be coordinating all publication-related activities and services (such as Editing, Illustrations, and Design) for your own group of authors. This diverse role will enable you to use your strong customer service and problem-solving abilities in order to ensure your author receives a top-quality product.
If this sounds like the ideal position for you, we want to talk to you!
*Disclaimer: applicants must love dogs, trivia tournaments, and food. Proficiency in some kind of instrument is a bonus, as we like to be serenaded during staff events.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Resiliency and Energy
- Problem Solving
- Quality Orientation
- Team Work
- Time Management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction throughout a collaborative, multi-faceted, and high touch publishing process.
- Manage Author relationships to build a reputation for excellent service and generate repeat business.
- Coordinate activities associated with an Author’s book during publication, including reviewing and disseminating the Author’s intentions and express instructions.
- Following production service schedules.
- Manage Author accounts in internal Customer Relationship Management software, including manuscript materials, publication instructions, and payment and shipping instructions.
- Act proactively to prevent potential issues that may impact Authors, and promptly resolve any problems that may arise during the publication process.
- Manage Author communication with internal and external stakeholders through email, phone and in-person meetings. Comply at all times with FriesenPress service levels requirements.
- Collaborate with the Book Design team to ensure that the execution of the Author’s vision meets their expectations.
- Recommend add-on products or services to Authors based on their publishing needs.
- Perform other job assignments as prescribed by the Team Lead, Publishing Services.
- Demonstrated ability to offer world-class customer service standards in person, on the phone, and via email; with a passion to go above and beyond customer expectations.
- Ability to make sound business judgments to meet customer and business goals in the most cost-effective way.
- Ability to identify challenging situations and communicate expectations to both Authors and internal parties.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team or independently as required.
- Excellent display of critical thinking and problem solving skills while upholding a high level of professionalism. Attention to detail a must.
- Possess strong administrative, organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy; familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Minimum two years of customer service experience.
- Prior use of CRM software would be an asset.
- Prior book publishing knowledge would be an asset.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume. We appreciate all applications, but only those shortlisted will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!