Current Job Postings at FriesenPress
FriesenPress is made up of a dynamic group of people. We're writers, editors, philosophers, photographers, filmmakers, dancers, musicians, artists, athletes, actors and entrepreneurs. What do we all have in common? We love stories!
FriesenPress is a division of Friesens Corporation, an award-winning North American leader in the book printing industry. In business since 1907, Friesens provides book-manufacturing services in the United States and Canada, with 25 million books printed every year, including original editions of the popular Harry Potter series and the classic Oxford Dictionary. Recognized over the years with numerous prestigious international awards, including Canada's Top 50 Best Managed Companies, for book quality and management leadership.
As a Canadian Self-Publisher, FriesenPress helps authors realize their dream of publishing their book. Our suite of products include various publishing packages containing a wide range of services including editing, book layout and design, channel distribution and marketing expertise. We pride ourselves in making “A Better Book”. Our shared culture, values and beliefs have been the foundation of our approach to customers, employees and the community at large.
At FriesenPress, we are constantly looking for individuals who constantly raise their personal bar and thrive when achieving outstanding results. We want to hire people who are eager to learn, but also people we can learn from - people who can increase the overall effectiveness of the organization. If you feel that your personal and professional values align with ours, we invite you to join the FriesenPress family!
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Manager for our beautiful Downtown Victoria office. We offer an attractive compensation package, including:
- Competitive wage;
- Full training;
- A comprehensive extended health and dental benefits package;
- Group RRSP plan with employer matched contributions;
- Excellent opportunities for career development.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Your cover letter should include monthly salary expectations.
Applications will only be accepted that:
- Are submitted no later than May 28, 2018;
- Include your cover letter, resume and monthly salary expectations as one PDF attachment;
- Include links for your LinkedIn and work/project related social media;
- Include a list of operating systems, software programs and applications that you use regularly and the number of months or years you have been using them;
- Include 3 references for individuals you have reported into.
Applications will be accepted until May 28, 2018; however, if necessary we will re-open this opportunity until a match is found. Our preferred start date is no later than June 30, 2018.
We appreciate all applications, but only those shortlisted will be contacted. No phone calls please.
You are an experienced online marketer and business developer who can drive sales
like no other!
Reporting to the President, the purpose of this full-time hands on senior leadership role is to develop and implement a marketing vision and strategy for the company that supports us to meet or exceed revenue targets and service goals.
Leading an energetic team of one plus yourself, this role will have responsibility for all aspects of the Marketing Department functions including: strategy, campaigns, graphics conceptualization, tradeshow participation, website development, social media and lead generation. You will also be responsible for maintaining corporate image and brand language.
- A University degree in Marketing;
- Passion for leading a team and a desire to be part of a collaborative, high functioning leadership group. You understand the value of speaking and listening deeply, in equal parts;
- Proven ability to collaborate with sales teams to coordinate effective online marketing programs with a high ROI;
- Demonstrated history of being bullishly results-oriented, working under pressure and managing multiple priorities;
- Ability to build and maintain a strong level of product knowledge, keen awareness of the market environment and competitive analysis in a highly-fragmented and rapidly growing industry;
- Proven experience with SEM, SEO, display, social media, affiliate programs and mobile advertising;
- Extremely comfortable with e-commerce technology including web analytics, ad tracking, A/B testing and tag management;
- You love to learn and you long for mentorship and an opportunity to develop the skills required to advance your career. People would describe you as a curious problem solver that is highly adaptable. You have an attention to detail, an ability to focus and directly execute on a project through the entire lifecycle and you thrive on accepting additional responsibility;
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills and an ability to convey a message that is clear, concise and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy;
- Highly proficient with PC business software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite;
- A deep understanding of the Google AdWords platform and analytics to fully optimize performance;
- Demonstrated experience with Zoho systems, Asana and LibreOffice;
- Apply strong project management framework for in house work and experience managing agency relationships;
- This position has minimal travel requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, direct, execute and evaluate the operations of the Marketing team;
- Design, deploy, expand, diversify and optimize all online marketing programs (SEM, affiliate, SEO, social display, mobile and others) to acquire new customers, increase retention of current customers and drive profitable sales;
- Optimize the customer journey from discovery to conversion through post-purchase;
- Develop, implement, monitor and adapt detailed marketing strategies that align with company objectives;
- Coordinate marketing and promotional campaigns with sales activities;
- Creation and publication of all marketing collateral;
- Working closely with the in-house design department, defining the concept and supporting them to deliver an end result that aligns with your vision;
- Ensure the Marketing team consistently delivers outstanding internal customer service. Maintain effective internal communication to ensure that all relevant company functions are informed of marketing activities;
- Identify, analyze and attract key strategic partnerships to grow revenue;
- Contribute to the development, implementation and execution of FriesenPress’ strategic plan;
- Build and retain an effective Marketing team with a strong positive culture;
- Lead, coach and motivate the Marketing team to support the achievement of targets;
- Manage all administrative aspects of the team including: hiring, performance management, performance evaluations, payroll, attendance and scheduling;
- Ensure that staff complies with company policies, procedures and ethical standards. This includes compliance with standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety and on-time delivery;
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.