The Author's Guide to Successful Publishing
From FriesenPress President Tammara Kennelly:
The term “self-publishing” is rather misleading. Just like making a film, publishing a book professionally requires more than one person. It’s a team effort drawing on the diverse skills of many experts ranging from: editors, designers, promotion, publicity, and distribution experts.
With roughly a million new books entering the market every year (and that’s just in North America) it’s more important than ever that authors ensure their books are as good as they can be, inside and out.
This guide explains how you can take your manuscript from a rough draft to a professionally published book. We touch on some common pitfalls, provide tips for success, and leave you better prepared to publish a book you’ll be proud to sign.
What's in the Guide?
- How to complete your first draft
- Making sense of your publishing choices
- What it’s like to work with a Publishing Services provider
- Why professional editing is crucial
- Top information you should share with your Book Designer
- Pricing, distribution, promotion & publicity tips
- How to choose the right publishing path
- And so much more!